Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Blog For Week, 1/27/16, Poetry Response


The Poem, “The Giving Tree”, by Shel Silverstein found in the website, http://allpoetry.com/poem/8538991-The-Giving-Tree-by-Shel-Silverstein, is about a boy and a tree. The boy and the tree are best of friends they talk to one another, they give each other things, and they support each other. But life happens and as time passes on in want of more companionship the tree gives everything it has to the growing up boy.

I think the author had many reasons for writing this poem. It has many lessons to teach young children. It teaches them about giving, friendship, relationships between parents, and growing up. This book helps children, like I used to be, to understand a bit more about life even with their limited point of view.

This spoke to me because when I was young it was one of the things that awoke my eyes. It made me think of my relationship with my parents, me being the “boy" and my parents being “The Giving Tree.” It made me realize that the relationship between the boy and the tree can happen in real life and it made me want to give back to my parents. 

I connected the text and words written to parents around the world. They do everything for their children and some of them aren't given anything in return. Sacrifices are necessary but parents should be given something in return. That's why we have mother and father's day. But we should honor them like that every day. This picture shows a mother stressed out by her work, to support her children, and her family life.





No comments:

Post a Comment