Friday, January 22, 2016

Second Quarter Reflection

Two Quarters ago I started 7th grade. I got new classes, schedules, friends, projects, etc. Things have changed throughout the year, for the better and for the worse.  I've learned many new skills but I've been reading less and less throughout the year. This year I have accomplished joining sports, volleyball, which was one of my goals for the New Years.  In this blog you'll learn about my second quarter life.

I have been reading less and less but the 40 Book Challenge has helped me greatly. If reading wasn't mandatory I wouldn't be doing it. Reading has expanded my vocabulary even more and has opened a window of opportunities for me. So far I have read 11/40 books all ranging from lengths and genres. Out of all the books my favorite book has been the Vampire Lestat by Ann Rice. It was everything I looked into for a book. 

One of my biggest improvements in English class is that I've been learning more about the world. In the past  I wouldn't willfully look at the news in current events. But throughout the quarter I've realized important issues around the world. These things are Obama's Let Girls Live program, El Chapo's extradition, debates on toy stores, etc. 

The most challenging part of the year has been keeping up attendance and on time behaviors. This year I've been late for more than 12 days. It could be because of the season, winter, or because its in my nature, it might've even been something I inherited. I've been minorly sick constantly because of the cold, stress, lack of sleep, etc. However unless completely unavoidable I've been present and ready to work. To overcome this I can try to be more time aware. That's something I've been proud on.

Throughout the year some things are necessary to survive in school. One of these things are time management strategies. In the first quarter I've been trying to gain strategies to plan time better. This has helped me with getting homework done, being on time, being ready to go, and other things as well. Another thing is my research skills. Research skills are of major importance in ELA class. We use them for almost everything. I think this has been my biggest improvement. I've been progressing well since August but I feel I've been doing the bare minimum. That's something I need to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment